Saturday, August 18, 2012

Meet the kiddos

This is Mr. Twister 13 and a half years ago.  I remember holding him and singing "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith in the hospital.  Who knew then that I was holding the reason why I wanted to go back to school and get my degree in Cognitive Studies.  The things that I have learned from him have been immeasurable.  He is such a little man now it is scary.  Just yesterday when he and his sister got into trouble, he tried to reason with me and explain like an adult would as to why they did what they did.  Mr. Twister comes from the nickname that his first grade teacher gave to him since he LOVES the storm chasing world.

This is Ginger my almost 11 year old daughter, well 11 years ago just about.  She was born three days before the tragic event on 9/11.  I will never forget this day.  I had just woke up because Ginger wanted to be fed and changed and I turned on the Today Show and my heart sank.  All of the new mommy emotions where going haywire and my then 2 and a half year old son had not a care in the world and would not let me hold him like I so desperately wanted to.  Now, looking at this picture you might be thinking, "wow, she looks like she wants to punch someone."  Well, I am here to tell you that at the present time she is a blue belt in karate.  She also loves to act and is finishing Willy Wonka, Jr. tonight.  

So, these are my kiddos as I first remember them.  Oh were has the time gone??  

Until Laterz,
Insomnamom

2 comments:

  1. :P you're giving me ideas to change my template lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I remember both those sweet little babies. David was the first baby I had held in a LOOONG time. He's the reason I wanted kids someday. I remember taking him to rec park and to the pool to play. I didn't even mind staying up with him at night when he stayed over. Doesn't feel like it was that long ago :/

    ReplyDelete