Thursday, August 23, 2012

T-minus Four Days and Counting

I have been an online college student for about two years now.  Monday, after I submit my final paper, I will be the proud owner of an associates degree.  The online college that I attend is a bunch of five week courses that I take back, to back, to back, to...well... you get the idea.  We have Thanksgiving Day off, and two weeks for Christmas break.  That is all the time off that we have.  My brain is tired, my fingers are worn out, but it was SO well worth it.  My kids have been my motivation to obtain my degree and not slack off.  They know when my homework days are and constantly ask me if I have homework to do.  Gee, this seems awfully familiar...hmmm where have I heard this before?  Actually, I have appreciated them echoing my words to them, it means that they get it, at least I pray that they do.  Next week, I hope to travel to where my college is and take photos with them and show them where mom really does go to school.  Starting on Tuesday  this Insomnamom is taking a four day vacation away from work, and school, and just hanging out with my children and enjoying some fresh oxygen without being stuck in front of a virtual college for hours on end.  I am 36 years old, and I hope that I can encourage some of you to go back to school because it is never to late to get your degree.

Until Laterz,
Insomnamom

No comments:

Post a Comment