Sunday, August 19, 2012

Memories.....

When I was growing up I remember going to my grandma's for the holidays.  She would have such a wonderful spread from the appetizers to the desert.  The appetizers always consisted of chips, bugles, and her onion dip.  The other day while at the store I heard someone say that they wish they had the recipe to their families special onion dip, but I guess french onion will do.  This made me smile and think, "betcha I know what it is."  To you my readers, here is what it is:


My Grandma's Dip

One 16oz Sour Cream container (light or regular is fine)
One package of Lipton Onion Soup mix
Mix until all of the soup mix is blended with the sour cream
Let this chill for three hours then serve with your favorite chip

This is the dip that I would try and beat my dad to while we were at my Grandma's because I wanted to be sure that I would get some.  Now that she is passed on, it is my duty and privilege to make this at every holiday for my family.  Enjoy and happy dipping.

Until Laterz,
Insomnamom

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to let you know that I nominated your blog for a Liebster award. I enjoy reading your blog, so I nominated you. To get more details about the award, just visit my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete