Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Cell Phones for Teens. To Do it, or Not to do it??

My kids have been asking me to get them a cell phone.  Grant it, it is only an extra $10/mo. but do I have that at this moment?  Then I ask myself, why do they need one?  Coaches, schools, and friends houses all have phones, right?  So, why does my 14 and 11 year old need a phone?  Just because their friends do??  I have found myself looking at cell phones that do not require data plans, because I do not want them going on Facebook at school when they should be concentrating on their studies.  Then there is the whole responsibility thing.  Can they be responsible enough to not lose the phone and take care of it?  My kids are not hanging out with their friends at the mall, or outside that much enough for me to worry about where they are.  Dunno, but it sounds like I have my answer.  No cell phone just yet.

Until Laterz,
Insomnamom

No comments:

Post a Comment