Friday, September 14, 2012

Oh yes...it HAS started

Yesterday, I found myself EXTREMELY giddy that I could actually take advantage of the Walmart layaway a few days early.  So, while the Bear/Packer game was on, I ventured out and could not wait to load up my cart full of stuff for my kiddos to put under the tree.  Got my hands on the cart and started to sing Christmas carols in my head, ( cause singing them out loud might get me a few strange looks).  I head straight for the electronic section to pre pick what I wanted to get before my layaway venture would end.  I then proceeded to the toy section with pride and anticipation.  With pride and anticipation....with...SIGH!!!  You know that moment in a parents life when you realize that your babies, aren't really "babies" anymore.  Yea...I had that happen to me last night.  I got Mr. Twister a Lego city truck, and Ginger a Razor Scooter from the toy section.  Usually, I have about a half a cart full just from the toy section alone.  Sigh...  Then I went back to the electronic section and looked long and hard for the video games that they would love to play.  Mr. Twister got Harry Potter: Years 5-7, and Captain America.  Ginger got Zuma's Revenge ( a facebook game that we both love), and Mario Tennis.

With far less enthusiasm that I had going into the store, I trekked off to the layaway counter, with a nearly empty cart.  Good thing is, I can add onto the layaway as more new items come to the shelves as the Holiday's come more and more near.  In addition, we can add small appliances this year to the layaway if we wish, so I am contemplating a deep fryer and the soda maker machine.  

So, my fellow parents with little lads and lasses, enjoy them young, because sooner or later, all those toys that they love to play with now, will come far and fewer between, and you yourself will find yourself with not such a great Christmas cart.

Until Laterz,
Insomnamom

No comments:

Post a Comment