Tuesday, September 11, 2012

11 years ago to the day....how i remember it

I had just woke up since my three day old wanted to be fed and changed.  my two and a half year old toddler was running around without a care in the world.  As I happily sat down on the couch and turned on the TV holding my little Ginger, I could not believe what I was seeing or hearing.  I was trying to grasp at this reality that I was seeing.  Then, the second plane hit.  I got chills, sobs, and just wanting to hold what was near and dear to me...my newborn daughter, and my two and a half year old son.  My son just wanted to be a kid, so I just held my daughter a lot closer at the moment.  Once I composed myself a bit, I called my parents to tell them what was going on.  My dad thought it was a movie at first, then realized the realness at what he was seeing.  Then I called to see if my sister was okay at school and to see if they were releasing them early.  I knew she was safe, but yet had my reservations.  As much as I wanted to go on with life, I could not tear myself away from the TV.  I wanted to know why, and who would do this to the USA.  Then, hours later we found out.  I was sick knowing that we were attacked by outsiders, and could not wait for us to get the people that did this to us.  Watching the events fold out throughout the coming days, I felt a sense of pride seeing that we had become a United Nation since strangers were helping strangers, families helping families, and states coming to where the help was needed most.  We were a BIG family on that day, and months afterward.  Now, here we are 11 years later, and I feel that we are not as united as we were on that fateful day.  This makes me sad.  Our forefathers wanted us to be United in these States of America for a reason.  WE ALL NEED EACH OTHER!!  As I posted earlier this evening, I have a light on my porch in honor of those who have fallen eleven years ago, and for the families who have lost their loved ones.  I pray that each of you will join me in doing this tonight.  It is not too late to do this.

Until Laterz,
Insomnamom


No comments:

Post a Comment