Friday, November 2, 2012

The Small Wonders That Mean A Lot

I have been wondering for a week or so now if Ginger has diabetes or not.  It does run in the family on both sides.  More closely..her father has it.  Her symptoms are as follows:
Sweet breath
when she drinks, it is a lot
gets moody, and moody about being moody (could be a ginger thing too)
she does have blah moments too on a daily basis.

While at the local high school football game this evening, I ran into our family doctor (which was a HUGE relief).  I told him my concern, and he does not think that she has it.  He stated that if she did, she would be pretty sickly looking.  I do trust him, but I pray harder that he is correct.  Monday is our day to go in and get her well child check up, and to test for diabetes.  I know it is not the end of the world if she does, but for her not to have it would be a HUGE blessing.  

I did tell Ginger though this evening my concern for her.  She took it extremely well.  Of course, she hopes that she does not have it because she doesn't want to have to test her blood like her dad.  One day at a time, and even one moment at a time.  One more hurdle that I know we can get over.

Until Laterz,
Insomnamom

No comments:

Post a Comment